- Marketing today involves using many tools and deciding which are effective.
- The methods to reach people change on a daily basis.
Once a goal and timeline have been established:
Study the market
- Who is your target?
- Who is your competition?
- Do your homework on the competition. Are they ahead in market share? Why? Is their website more visible than yours? why?
- Do you keep track of Trade Shows and who is going?
- When was your last Press release?
Press releases - Free and paid press release websites and their effectiveness are often neglected. Email campaigns, with your news are just as important if they are real news.
Mailing lists - Are your Mailing lists informative or just spam?
Social Media - What social media is your target using if any?
- Web - Is your Website clear and to the point? nice looking but also reaching the
target market in different languages?
- When talking about SEO for websites, why is one site above another?
- Keywords? Links are votes for you. How many appropriate links are live.
- Put into place benchmarks, to measure the visits, who what when which search engines, browsers.
- Analyse your visitors. Are they visitors your target market?
- Fresh content. Keep your site alive. New articles in other sources.
- Educational Resource - inform your users. Once they are informed, they will understand your product and understand your offer as well.
- Mobile devices - is your site compatible with the latest communication method?
- Print press - Referenced in trade magazines, newspapers, journalists are on your mailing list?
Where are you in this process?